Now I don’t know about you, but the words Creamy Cheesy Pasta in the same sentence excite me slightly. That’s how I just KNEW slimming world was for me… I mean Pasta whenever you want AND still lose weight!? Yes please.
This recipe is SO versatile. Chicken, Bacon and Mushroom is one of my favourite combinations, I also love Salmon and Brocolli or Prawn and Chorizo. You just have to swap the ingredients around and adjust cooking times accordingly!
I cooked for 2 and a half people using these amounts…
You will need:
- 2 large Chicken Breasts sliced up
- 4 rashers of Bacon (fat removed) cut into lardons
- 4 large handfuls of Pasta
- 2 large handfuls of Mushrooms sliced up
- 1 handful of Green Beans sliced up
- 1 handful of Asparagus sliced up
- Reduced Fat Cream Cheese (75g = HexA) I used a 200g tub for the 2 and a half of us
- 2 Chicken Oxo
- Frylight, Salt and Pepper
Leave the chicken to fry for 2-3 mins without stirring it.
Once the pasta has been cooking for around 8 mins it should be nearly ready. Add the green beans and asparagus and cook for another minute (I had to cook my asparagus separate on this occasion because my other half is a fussy git)
After a minute, drain the pasta and veg, make sure you reserve the water it cooked in as this will help make a nice silky, creamy sauce!