It has been ages since I had a nice stir fry!! It’s such a quick and easy way to cook a really yummy dinner, there is a bit of effort in the prep but not too much and this is yummy with Rice or Noodles! I usually just chuck it all together but thought I would write it all down with amounts for an easy to follow recipe.
For two and a half people with leftovers you will need:
- 2 large Chicken Breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Pak Choi, sliced
- 2 Carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 bunch of Spring Onions, the bottoms I cut up chunky to go in the stir fry, thinly slice the tops and keep to one side for on top
- 2 handfuls of Beansprouts
- 1 thumb sized piece of Ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon of Easy Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Easy Chilli
- 4 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 2 tsps Chinese Five Spice
- 30 Cashew Nuts chopped up roughly
- 1/2 bunch of Coriander chopped
- 1 Red Chilli thinly sliced
First I toast the Cashews in a pan and set to one side.
Then heat a wok as hot as possible, add the chicken with the garlic, ginger, easy chilli and five spice with a good pinch of salt and fry for 5 minutes.
Then add the veg and stir fry for a minute, I add a few tbsps of water to help it along a bit as fry light doesn’t really do the job here!
Next I add the Beansprouts and stir fry for a minute.
Then finish by adding the soy sauce, I used 4 tbsp but you could use more or less depending on your taste.
Serve with Rice or Noodles and garnish with the Cashews, Coriander, Spring Onions and fresh Chilli.
(for any Slimming Worlders 15 Cashew Nuts can be used as a B choice)